DM / CREW OPPORTUNITY!
Sea of Cortez – La Paz to Loreto
We are looking for a part time energetic dive master/crew member to join us when friends and family come for a liveaboard holiday. We have a 47 foot sailboat and are visiting the Sea of Cortez for the season. The DM/Crew member will be assisting the owners and providing their friends and family the best in service. This is a great opportunity for someone who likes being at sea, loves diving, enjoys cooking and is enthusiastic, smart and hard working.
Duties include – welcoming friends & family on board, stowing luggage; departure from dock protocols; sail boat / line handling; serving beverages; pre-dive check of dive gear and loading into the dive boat; dive briefing; taking guests diving with/without the owner; wash down of gear and equipment; keeping the inside and outside of the yacht and dive boat clean and tidy. Helping in the galley as needed for meal preparation and clean up.
An initial training program will take place in December (available dates to be agreed upon) and the onboard position will begin December 27th in La Paz. This position is for when our friends or family members join us for their diving holidays (typically 8 days / 7 nights) at a time and we will know in advance the dates for their vacations. Please send your CV / Resume, plus recent photo to email@example.com. Only candidates that meet our requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Requirements / skills:
· Excellent spoken English
· Customer service or hospitality experience
· Dive Master in good standing
· Minimum experience 100+ dives
· Good knowledge of dive sites from La Paz to Loreto
· Experienced with divers of all levels and an intuitive sense of how to look after divers and how to keep things safe at all times
· Emergency first aid training
· Assist the owners in teaching Discover Scuba
· Knowledge of marine life in the Sea
· Underwater photography an asset
· Enjoys cooking and bar tending
You must be able to fit in with close working and living conditions, be prepared to work through any bouts of seasickness and no smoking or drinking alcohol while on board. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience if you want to work towards a position on a large live aboard dive boat or private yacht.