island DIVE medic
Mission Statement: To be the world’s best luxury adventure safari company.
We are accepting applications from multi-skilled nurses and medics with scuba diving qualifications for employment on a remote luxury eco island sanctuary off the NE coast of Madagascar.
Role and responsibilities
These include but are not limited to:
· First line medical support to guests of Miavana (maximum 45 guests);
· First line medical support to expatriate and local staff of the hotel (circa 50 and 170 respectively);
· Management of the Island guest-facing clinic and medical supplies;
· Management support and mentoring of the Island Malagasy nurse;
· Advising on the supply chain in all medical provision requirements;
· Medical support to local health clinic when required;
· Dive Instructor
Terms of employment
· The company will provide all living costs with excellent accommodation within the staff village, food and welfare; in addition, all travel, subsistence and accommodation wherever the employee is required to stay away from his or her home base for work commitments;
· The company will provide return flights to the employee’s place of primary residence;
· Salary is inclusive of taxes, levies and other deductions, negotiable based on level of experience and competencies;
· Excellent facilities on Island to include diving, kitesurfing, SUPs, boat watersports, sea kayaks, adventure running, CrossFit and yoga gym, scientific research opportunities etc
Miavana is an island resort like no other. It is a tropical paradise playground and the medical provision is the first line response in a very remote location. This is a unique opportunity to spend some time in one of the world’s most extraordinary locations.
We are looking for employees who have medical skills and confidence with primary health as well as trauma in remote locations and able to stabilize a casualty over no-fly night hours. In addition, the employee would be well suited to diving activites whilst not focused on a medical emergency. This is an adventure playground and other skills or experience would be recognized.
The ability to have a direct impact in the local community and staff of the resort will be both professionally and personally very rewarding. Miavana boasts a fantastic team of skilled local and expat staff who deliver life changing experiences to exclusive guests.
Personal Development opportunities available
Prerequisites – must have:
Ad Qualified nurse / paramedic / doctor with advanced trauma qualifications
· Primary care experience
· PADI dive instructor or dive master
· Ability to live, work and interact in a small team and develop connections with regional healthcare providers.
· Communication (verbal and written) in English;
Prerequisites – desirable:
· Remote living experience or military service overseas;
· Training in tropical medicine or experience in the developing world;
· Advanced trauma and Life Support qualification (UK) or equivalent;
· Working French;
· Management experience