Dive Centre Bondi is a 5 Star PADI Dive Centre which has been operating in Bondi (Sydney) Australia for over 20 years. Dive Centre Bondi runs regular dive courses from beginner to instructor level, offers guided shore and boat dives, and also stocks swim, snorkel and dive equipment from leading manufacturers (Scubapro, Cressi, Halcyon, SANTI, Aqua Lung, Apeks, and more).
Dive Centre Bondi is also a Global Underwater Explorers Premium Dive Centre offering GUE courses, workshops, equipment and excursions. Our core values include offering outstanding customer service, providing the highest quality training to our students, and retailing only equipment made by respected scuba diving brands.
We are currently seeking a motivated and competent Training and Operations Manager to assist the management team with running and expanding the business. to assist the management team with running and expanding the business.
Position Title: Training and Operations Manager, Dive Centre Bondi
Position Type: Full time, 5 days per week including Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
Location: Dive Centre Bondi, 198 Bondi Road, Bondi, New South Wales 2026
Position reports to: Dive Centre Manager or Director
Role and Responsibilities
To maximise the profitability and long term sustainability of Dive Centre Bondi (DCB) by:
• Managing day-to-day operations and logistics for training and diving (courses, shore and boat diving, demo days)
• Teaching basic and specialty PADI diving courses and guiding shore and boat dives from time to time as required
• Developing framework for PADI Course delivery, including curriculum for each day of each course and procedures for instructors to follow before, during and after courses.
• Developing framework for scheduled diving events including shore and boat dives, private courses/events and demo days
• Managing and assisting existing instructor team to learn and follow new course and event frameworks
• Managing inventory of all Dive Centre rental and school equipment, including maintenance and servicing
• Assisting the Dive Centre Manager with staff rostering from time to time by determining weekly staff availability and allocating staff to courses and tasks accordingly
• Providing outstanding customer experience during training courses, organised diving events and presentations, and all other events organised by Dive Centre Bondi, and to respond to enquiries (email, phone, over-the-counter or other) in a timely manner.
• Working with the Dive Centre Manager to ensure all areas of the Dive Centre are clean and presentable at all times (general shopfloor, classrooms, bathrooms, outdoor area)
• Upholding the brand values of Dive Centre Bondi
• Involvement in marketing and strategic development of the business
• Orientating new/part-time staff to DCB procedures and standards, identify and communicating areas for improvement where applicable
• Identifying areas for operational improvement and helping to refine all systems, processes and policies to improve the day-to-day operation of the business
• Creating new initiatives that contribute to long-term success and profitability of DCB
• Working with the Dive Centre Manager to manage the Dive Centre over any arranged period of time to allow the Director to take leave or conduct offsite business.
• Communicate problems, issues and incidents to the Director or Dive Centre Manager and where possible offer solutions or action to be taken.
• Having sufficient flexibility to undertake and take ownership of a range of additional tasks from time to time as required
The successful candidate will be resourceful and flexible and will have a mature and safe approach to diving and dive instruction. They will have the following skills and experience:
• Minimum 2 years' previous experience as dive instructor
• PADI OWSI Instructor with minimum 500 certifications
• PADI Sidemount, Drysuit and DPV Instructor qualifications
• Intermediate computer literacy (EVE Database, MS Windows and MS Office)
• Permitted to work in Australia for a period of at least 2 years.
Also desired but not compulsory:
• Ability to speak additional languages (Spanish and/or French due to customer demand)
• Technical diving instructor qualifications (PADI, TDI or GUE)
• Previous management experience in the diving industry (eg managing instructor teams)
• Experience diving in a range of conditions (tropical, temperate and cold water environments)
Annual salary range $55,000-$60,000 per annum plus benefits plus superannuation
Please submit CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Closing date for applications is 15 January 2020.