GVI is one of the world’s leading, high-quality sustainable development and experiential education organisations. We are a social enterprise, and our mission is to build a global network of people who together can make a long-term positive impact on the world around us.
We run volunteer and internship programs in 13 countries globally, employ 150+ staff and are committed to employing, training and retaining the very best people in their chosen fields. Working at GVI means you have the unique opportunity to grow within a global company, gaining experience across a number of different locations, focuses, and cultures.
We are currently recruiting for Program Managers at the following unique locations:
- Marine Conservation: Puerto Morelos, Mexico & Caqalai Island, Fiji
These experienced, passionate managers will be responsible for delivering high quality volunteer and internship programs to participants from all over the world, while being based at one our incredible locations listed below. They will also be responsible for the operations and management of their communal base, which is shared with staff and volunteers, and will work with local partners to ensure they have a long term positive impact in the communities they work in. All of our Program Managers have a background in either conservation (marine or wildlife) or community development, and have experience managing both staff and volunteers.
- - Oversee the overall day to day delivery of projects, including logistics, quality, impact, safety, and the overall effective functioning of the base
- - Train, develop and manage staff members and participants
- - Oversee Health and Safety protocols to ensure the safety of all participants, staff and other visitors to the hub
- - Implement project monitoring, through monthly impact reporting, as well as periodic evaluation of impact
- - Connect and liaise with in-country partners to build and maintain relationships
- - Be the escalation point for any issues which arise at the hub, including participant complaints, medical issues, etc.
- - In conjunction with central support and manager, assist with recruiting and onboarding of new staff members
- - Ensure the successful implementation and delivery of all GVI marketing and internal communication initiatives
- - Responsible for financial and overall reporting of the hub
- - 3-5 years of staff management experience
- - 3-5 years of volunteer management experience
- - Conservation and/or community development field experience
- - Health and safety trained
- - Experience working closely with community partners, ideally in remote locations
- - Project/program management experience
- - Comfortable living in a communal environment with other staff, and being available for program participants 24/7