GVI is a multi-award winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run sustainable development programs in 13+ countries worldwide, all of which are aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Our GVI hub in Puerto Morelos, Mexico, runs both marine conservation and community development volunteer and internship programs. The Program Manager's role at the hub is to work with the Logistics Manager in overseeing effective day to day running of the program operations, as well as manage the staff and volunteers on base.
The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy working with people and communal living, and be passionate about both marine conservation and community work. They will have experience with leadership, specifically staff and volunteer management, have a professional qualification in diving, and speak fluent Spanish.
- Responsible for assisting in the overall day to day delivery of projects, including quality, impact and safety
- Assist with maintaining strong local partnerships and relationships, and ensuring projects have maximum valuable impact Assist
- Assist Program Director to deliver project design, monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure Health and Safety of all participants, staff and other visitors to the hub while on project
- Assist with overseeing for the training and onboarding of all new participants including ensuring the delivery of robust internship programs
- Assist in managing the day to day logistics of project including participant arrivals, departures, visits off base, day to day needs, as well as addressing any issues that come up in the field on a day to day basis
- Assist in managing the base schedule, ensuring all participants know what they're doing when, and the day to day functions smoothly
- Assist the staff team to deliver on hub focus areas (ex. Science, education, etc. and step into specific roles as needed and requested by your Program Manager
- Represent GVI at all times
- Fluency in Spanish
- Professional PADI dive qualification (OWSI recommended, DM required)
- Education background in marine science / conservation
- Staff management experience
- Volunteer management experience
- Conservation Experience
The following experience would be beneficial for this role:
- Community development experience
- Safety management experience
If the above sounds like it matches your skills and ambitions to move forward with a career in sustainable development, we would love to hear from you! Please go to Careers Abroad: http://www.careersabroad.co.uk/current-vacancies/ and click on the Program Manager - Mexico vacancy.