Dive Centre Manager, Lodge - Tanzania (Live-In)
Salary: $1500-$1700 plus commission (depending on experience)
- Guide all certified guests on two dives per day with a maximum ratio of 6 guests to 1 instructor
- Sell and conduct diving courses to guests, maximum ratio of 2 students to 1 instructor.
- Brief and (time permitting) guide all guests wishing to snorkel.
- Interact with all guests throughout their stay, particularly at mealtimes.
- Host cocktails and dinner as per the senior management hosting schedule (typically 10-13 nights per month)
- As part of the senior management team you will be required to assist (as and when necessary) in many aspects of running the lodge.
- Conduct turtle monitoring duties, as per roster, after having received relevant training.
- Responsible for ensuring all guests have the best and safest possible experience during any water-related activities during their stay.
- Responsible for budget lines pertaining to dive centre – Scuba Diving Cost, Watersports Equipment, R & M boats and Boat Fuel.
- Responsible for ordering and receiving diving and watersports equipment when necessary within in the bounds of the Scuba Diving and Watersports budgets.
- Responsible for fuel monitoring of all boats.
- Responsible for cleanliness and adherence to design specifications of Dive Centres as per styling guides.
- Responsible for billing guests for diving services (courses only, 2 dives per day for certified divers are included within the room rate).
- Responsible for orderly filing of all diving related paperwork and updating of correct liability releases as per PADI current standards.
- Responsible for keeping updated of changing PADI standards and informing the Lodge Managers of relevant additions/alterations.